Friday, March 6, 2009

When you've got nothing else....

What can you do when you're trying to make dinner, you've got two babies that are locked in the kitchen with you so the littlest baby doesn't head straight for the stairs, and you're trying your hardest to get dinner on the table????

My suggestion: Work with what you've got!!

So this was the scene in my home a couple of nights ago. Bella wanted to NOT be trapped in the kitchen anymore (but I needed her to try to help entertain Brynn) and Brynn was yanking at my legs to be held. UGG, right?! I didn't have any toys readily available to me in the kitchen at the time so I noticed an empty Carnation Breakfast box on the counter, so I gave it to Brynn hoping that it would at least distract her with the bizarreness of it long enough to, perhaps, stir the pot that is bubbling over. To my surprise (although when I think back now I shouldn't have been too surprise, if sis has it she wants it too) Bella asked for one too! So I empty a half sleeve of Ritz crackers and handed her that box. Although at first they both wondered what I wanted them to do with these boxes, it didn't take Bella that long to find the joy in the simplicity of an empty box! So Brynn followed suit.

This just proves you don't need to go all out to entertain their little minds, something as simple as a box can bring excitement so you can.... not burn dinner!

Here are my pictures from our box extravaganza:



Here I had just handed them the boxes and they're wondering what in the world they were suppose to do with them....



Soon enough Bella was having a ball with her box! (Yes, I am aware Bella is wearing a bathing suit over her t-shirt. Grandma D. had sent Bella a princess bathing suit that day and she wanted it on immediately!)



Soon enough Brynnie was joining in on the fun with her sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved