Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Some Randomness from my Day...

Wow!  Two posts in one day, impressive if I do say so myself!  (Originally started yesterday)

So this post will have no rhyme or reason to it.  Just a bit of randomness from my day! :) 

I have to say although there are moments that she is knocking her over, stealing toys from her, or yelling at her to "stop attacking me!"(I don't know where she gets these things), Bella is the sweetest big sister.  Today Brynn was kind of fussing because she couldn't get her sippy cup out of her crib.  Having the sense that the sippy cup is too wide to be pulled through the whatever inch slats in a crib is a bit beyond the comprehension of a one year old.  However the genius of a three year old's mind came to her rescue.  Bella has learned the art of guiding the sippy cup up and over the crib rails to quench her parched lips.  Although I thought of jumping into my motherly duties and help Brynn,  I decided to sit back and watch what might unfold.  Bella noticed her sister's agony of not being able to get her precious cup.  She sweetly walked over to her sister and, although she could have simply raised the sippy cup up and over and handed it to her, she carefully explained to her sister the trick to receiving your sippy when it seems unreachable.  Now in case you are not aware Bella has a slight speech delay, and although what she said probably only made sense to me, her care and passion for teaching this young one clearly shown through!  Do I see another teacher in the future!?  There are so many sweet moments like this!  Bella notices Brynn's nose is running and goes and fetches her a tissue.  Brynn is fussing from exhaustion and Bella goes and finds her precious blankie for her.  Brynn needs more food and mommy can't oblige quite yet so she graciously offers some of her food (usually the less desirable food, you know veggies or such, but still the act of kindness is there), she helpfully shouts to me if she sees Brynn heading up the stairs and I haven't noticed, and so on.  Although it is certainly not always a bed of roses, these sweet moments will warm my soul for a life time! : ) 

When watching American Idol yesterday (I tell ya, I am on a reality show high right now, between Idol and Bachelor (don't even get me started)) one of the guys that was on had what seemed to be an extreme amount of product in his hair, for his dark hair shown like a halo above him.  Bella was watching and critiquing her favorites when this guy came up and after listening to his ballad for a short while. She looked at me and said, "Mommy his sparkly hair is pretty."  Future idol judge? : )
Who is your favorite from this week!?

So speaking of Bachelor, whose team are you on?  Team Melissa or Team Jason?

To close my radomness I'll leave you with a picture of a pair of sweet sisters.  Brynn loves to look at books and was in her room just looking at books, when Bella left me and my room to go sit with her sister and read together.  So I snuck around the corner and secretly snapped a picture of the precious moment.  I'll cherish these moments FOREVER!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved