Monday, March 23, 2009

I feel strange....

Does anyone else feel the strangeness of going on with mundane things in your life when somewhere else someone's world is falling apart?

This morning I was going about my day.  I went to link my Not Me Monday post (below) to MckMama's site to find out her world has been turned upside down.

I was changing Brynn's diaper while wondering if they were finally able to get Stellan's IV in.

I was watching Sleeping Beauty with Bella while wondering if someone has gone to be with MckMama so she's not alone at the hospital.

I am watching Ellen while selfishly wishing MckMama would post an update about Stellan so I know he's ok.

Everyday we go on with our lives, doing the things we love, hate, make us laugh, drive us crazy, or bore us while others out there are going through something that is truly rocking their world.  We are still pouring cereal for our little ones, or tying their shoes, or watching Dora for the 6th time this week and meanwhile a mother is at the hospital bedside of her sweet baby boy who is struggling to live, or a mother is saying goodbye to her daughter who was fine three weeks ago, or a mother is wondering why she didn't get to have the adopted baby that was meant for her.  

It just feels so strange.  Its hard to just go about my day, my mundane day.

Thank you Jesus for my mundane day.  And Lord I ask you bring a little mundaneness to the lives of these families.


1 comment:

Jessie Neubauer said...

Great blog Barclay! The layout is beautiful and I feel like I've gotten to know you so much better. Thanks for the veggie ideas. I put sprinkles on canned yams and Addy ate them this week.

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved