Monday, January 23, 2012

Brooklyn Update....

About time we had a little Brooklyn update,
who is 17 months old today!

Here are some fun facts about our little bean:
She is curious about everything!  The big girls never really got into things, but Brooklyn seems to be able to find everything she shouldn't have.  If she can't play with it, she wants it.
She also rarely sits still.
Thankfully she is the happiest baby EVER.
However she has a flare for the dramatics, if you take something away, say no, or she gets hurt you may think her life is ending. :)
She has a super fun personality, I think she may be our family clown.  She makes us laugh all day long!
She still dances anytime she hears music.
She loves to spin in circles.
She cracks herself up by flailing herself on the floor, although she also has a knack for doing this in protest as well.
She LOVES her sisters and finds them quite hysterical, especially during bath time.
She jabbers ALL DAY long.  Its quite funny.  She has inflections, gestures, etc.  She'll carry on lengthy conversations with you, you just won't know what she's saying. :)
She points and jabbers at everything.
When I count 1.... she'll say two....three!  She started this probably 2-3 months ago, I was shocked!
She says dada, baba (Bella), maymay (for her blankie), Bebe (Brynnie), ball, doggie, more, mormor, pop (for poppi), baby, puppy, bubbles, ow, wow, no, cheese, please, done, momma, bup (up), and I'm sure a few more I'm forgetting.  She also repeats a lot of noises and animal sounds.  And the hubs and I swear she said "love you too" the other day. :) 
She loves dressing up- loves hats, shoes, tiaras, and dresses.
If she sees steam coming off of anything, she'll blow on it as if to cool it down.
She LOVES books.  She will sit (which is rare) flipping through books and jabbering away.  She won't however let me read them.  Anytime I sit to read, she's last for about one page before she insists on turning them way quicker than I can read. :)
Since November she has mastered stairs, to the point we don't usually worry about them.  She has also mastered the girls' bunk bed ladder, yikes!
She still detests being changed.  It is still a constant crying, wrestling match.  Sometimes I can distract her long enough thats its not totally unpleasant but it doesn't usually last long!
She loves bath time, however she has a tendency to poop lately!!  How do you prevent this!!??
I can't stand meal times with her unfortunately.  She's a terrible eater.  Breakfast goes fine but lunch and dinner are hit or miss.  She won't touch any kind of meat usually, veggies are a hit and miss.  She'll eat peas and used to down carrots and green beans but now she won't.  She used to love Pinto beans, so I would give those as protein and now she won't touch those.  She enjoys fruit and any kind of bread.  She loves the little peanut butter cracker snacks but if I give her a peanut butter sandwich she won't touch it.  Its very frustrating because you work so hard to make something and she won't touch it and then whines all through dinner cause she wants something different.  The other night at dinner she wouldn't even eat strawberries, which she normally loves.  She'll love something one day and won't touch it the next.  So dinner time isn't usually the greatest these days. :(
She can point to the common body parts.
She loves to give kisses.
She definitely can follow one step commands, if she's feeling like it. :)
She will occasionally hold your hand when out walking, doesn't last long though. :)
She loves to put things into things.  Helps at clean up time. :)
She, since early on, has always been good at putting her arms through sleeves or pulling shirts over her head.  She just started, if I hold out her coat and ask for her arm, she'll come stick her arms in.  If I were to just come at her with her coat she'd run in the opposite direction, so this new found skill is quite nice.
I hear momma about 14 bajillion times a day.  There was a time I was begging her to say momma and now.....
Its just she says it ALL DAY, EVERY minute and when she says it she sounds like a loud italian (not to say italians are loud, Brooke is just loud) with a chicago accent- MOMMA, MOMMA.  Just a little irritating.  Although momma is better than MA- which is was for a couple months.
I will get my occasional snuggles, which I just cherish.
She just recently transitioned to one nap and it was a hard transition for her.  She'd cry briefly (which she wouldn't at all before, but it really was brief.  Like by the time I'd reach her bedroom she'd be over it) when I would lay her down sometimes, but it usually just took a little extra snuggle and she'd be good to go.  One plus though is she's sleeping sometimes 13-14 hours at night!
She still loves her paci and blankie.  I'm toying with the idea of trying to drop the paci next monthish.  Although this terrifies me, so who knows if I'll follow through.
She really does have a sweet, hysterical personality.  She's just busy, inquisitive, independent, and strong willed.  The hubs and I just love to sit and watch her with smiles on our faces.  Although she is at a very tiring, challenging age, its also the sweetest, most hysterical, rewarding age!  
She we'll take a little bad, with the abundant good!!

I thought I'd post a video of just a typical evening with Miss Brooklyn :)  
Not sure if you can tell but she has just the most fun, humorous personality!


We love you Brooklyn Blythe!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved