Friday, April 2, 2010

Eww!!!

Yesterday, the hubs noticed something on Beckham's (our golden retriever) head. Funny thing was I had actually noticed it earlier that day and thought it was a piece of a stick or dirt from outside.
Upon closer review we discovered it was indeed NOT a piece of stick or dirt. Nope, it was a giant, FULL tick!! EWWW! In our 6 years of having him he's never had problems with ticks so not sure where this one came from. So, after a quick googling of course, the hubs carefully used proper tick removing techniques to remove the giant tick.


That's no tiny tick anymore!

You can be sure we will now be having nightly tick checks for him, and the girls!


4 comments:

Kelly said...

Yuck! We had lots of experience with ticks growing up since we lived on a farm. They are so gross!!

Unknown said...

Poor baby!! He did so good sitting still to get that off!

Lee-Ann said...

Oh yuck! Hopefully you won't see anymore!

HeatherOz said...

Ewwwwww, is right! Ticks are so creepy! My brother had one in his neck when we were young. After trying all of the recommended removal techniques, my Grandma grabbed it with her fingernails. Luckily she got the whole thing! Yucky!!

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved