Monday, August 3, 2009

Tuesday's Blog Hop-Encouragement...

What this is, is several blogs have the same theme and then we use MckLinky to link up others' blogs, that way you can check new blogs out and hopefully new people will come visit yours!  

This week's Blog Hop theme is encouragement.  We are asked to post our favorite verse, quote, saying, or photo that brings us encouragement and talk about why.

And although there are many verses and people that bring me encouragement I decided to share one, a photo of my daddy. (Ha, changed my mind, I'm sharing 3!)




My dad is probably the best encourager I have ever met.  My whole life he has always encouraged me in everything I do.  He'll go out of his way to call me or send an email just to say he wanted to tell me what a good teacher I am.  Or he'll tell me I am such a good mother.  And somehow it always seems to be when I feeling the lowest about myself in these rolls.  He is always there for me, rooting me on every step of the way.  He even goes as far as to encourage me when he likes one of my posts!  So this post goes to him.  Thanks Dad for being my number one fan!

* Actually right now this Grandpa is competing in the Senior Olympics in swimming and has placed in the Top Ten, in 3 out of 4 (4th one takes place tomorrow) of his events, in the nation.  He has also beaten is personal best times in all of his events.  In his age bracket there is a couple of ex-olympic athletes and college swimmers-neither of which my dad was!  He has gotten two 5ths and a 6th place.  But he would have gotten Silver in the age bracket just below him in one of his races!  Go Poppi!*

I just wanted to add my dad's website.  My turn for a little encouragement!  My dad started up his own ministry geared mostly towards men and fathers.  He is an AWESOME man of God and an amazing coach, speaker, counselor, etc.  SO go check him out.  He's located in Monument, CO but travels too!  http://www.peregrineministries.org/



MckLinky Blog Hop




3 comments:

confused homemaker said...

That's so awesome that you & your Dad have such a great relationship. And good luck to him in his competition!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

A little insomnia tonight..well how about 3 AM...so I am blog hopping, I enjoyed your blog and encouragement....http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for cheering, Princess! You ARE a fabulous mother and woman! I love you and am enormously proud of you. Dad

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved