Friday, August 14, 2009

Stories of Birthdays....

So, yes, I have one more of my girlies from the Usual Suspects to introduce you to, but with the time crunch of naptime ending soon, I do not have time to do her story justice.  So just stay tuned.

On that note though, I am feeling a bit in the story telling mood these days so I have a new story for you.  I thought I would share with you the story of how our first beautiful baby girl, Bella, joined our family.  Little did we know how exciting her entrance would be.  One of the reasons I waited while to have our first kid was the fact that I was/am terrified of pain.  I was not worried getting up all night long, I was not worried about nursing, or the unknown cries.  Nope, just about actually having the baby.  Well God heard my prayers and had different plans for me and my sweet first baby:

Our dear little Isabella!  Bella's due date was March 21st.  I had one of the best pregnancies!  I was never sick, I didn't really start showing until about my 7th month and then I just popped, and I was able to teach just fine until the very end (although with many trips to the bathroom)  At my 35th week check up one of my doctors mentioned I was measuring small so she wanted to do an ultrasound.  She said afterwards that everything looked fine and the baby was about 6 pounds.  She did mention my fluid was a little low (at about 8.9) but they are not overly concerned unless it drops below 6 and she said we'll just keep an eye on it at my now weekly dr. visits.  So the following Sat., February 25th, I saw a different doctor.  He said everything looked fine.  I had lost a pound but he said some times that happens, I was the last appointment of the day, and he was just ready to send us on our way.  I'm not one to usually speak up but I felt the urge (obviously the Lord protecting my baby) to mentioned about my water being low the previous week and wondering if it needed to be checked again.  He reluctantly said he would check it.  So after the ultrasound he informed me my water was now at a 4.5, almost half of what it was the last week!  We had previously scheduled my maternity pictures for this day so at this time we called our photographer to let her know we will have to meet her later for maternity pics.  So they were going to do another test, where they give you a point for water level, kicking, movement, heart rate, etc.  He said if I score above a 6 they'll bring me back Monday and if it's below a 6 they'll send me to the hospital to be monitored.  I scored a 6.  So at this time we figured we were going to the hospital to be monitored.  The ultrasound tech mumbled something about maybe having our baby today as we left and we just laughed.  Vince was starting to get nervous but I said nothing is happening, its no big deal.  So we got to the hospital and they said, "Oh you're the c-section couple right?"  "Um no, we're here to be monitored."  So we waited in our room wondering what was going on!  When my doctor came in he said wanted to get Bella out immediately and had scheduled a c-section!!  What?!  So we started calling everyone we knew.  Chevriers were helpful enough to get us clothes, camera, you know, the essentials!  We tried both of our families and couldn't get a hold of any of them!  We finally got through to some of them and my mom hopped right on a plane.  Obviously we had to cancel maternity pics!  We asked the doctor how long it would be assuming it would be awhile because you always seem to wait forever at hospitals and he said he was just waiting for the room to be set up!  Yikes!  As I look back on it its much better I didn't have time to think or worry.  I am a BIG worrier and this fast pace, no choice, schedule of events that day could not have been better for me.  I don't remember ANYTHING.  The only time I really lost it was when I finally got my mom on the phone and she said, "Are you ok ,honey!?"  Other than that the whole experience went so fast  we didn't have time for thinking!  So they got me in, cut me open-sorry-, and out came Bella without a peep (looking back now and being more knowledgeable that should have completely frightened us but we were clueless and pretty much in a daze over the whole situation!) but healthy as can be, thank the Lord!  My doctors appointment was for 11 that morning and Bella was out at 3:14 that afternoon, that is how fast that day went!  Afterwards when we were talking to the doctor he said usually when they open things up fluid comes out and he said not a drop came out and the cord was around Bella's neck!  Can you imagine if they had had me come back Monday.  Needless to say the Lord was watching over our little one that day.  Amazingly she was completely healthy with no assistance needed!  She was such a tiny peanut, 6 pounds and 17 inches.  What a crazy and beautiful day!
Here is the Hubs and me right before surgery!
Our precious Isabella!
Not a great picture but I included it to show you her size.  This is a preemie outfit and she is swimming in it!
Proud, but tired, momma holding her tiny baby!
Daddy getting his skin to skin time!
And our sweet, energetic, sensitive, silly, well behaved, fearless Bella today!



2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a precious story! It brought tears to my eyes thinking about how God protected you and your sweet baby! Thanks for sharing!

HeatherOz said...

I love happy endings!
I have an award for you on my blog.
http://oswaldcuties.blogspot.com/2009/08/bday-prep-and-blog-awards.html

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved