Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Fun Somer Day...

So I've been posting about fun things that we've been doing these nice summer days.  Well something else our family has had the pleasure of enjoying recently, was celebrating a monumentous occasion in one of my dearest friend's life.  My friend, Somer Joanne, just turned 30 and we had the honor of celebrating with her!  I thought sharing about her special day would be a great opportunity to also share with you a little bit about Somer.  For my first post I'll share our fun festivities for her big birthday. Tomorrow, check back in with me to get to know Somer a little better and her exciting journey to becoming a mother.  

For the big birthday, Somer's hubby, Ryan, went all out.  In the morning us ladies began the day with an enjoyable mani/pedi.  Oh there's nothing like their massage chairs.  Somer's wonderful husband had secretly arrived there before us and left chocolate and strawberries for one of the technicians to give us while we enjoyed our massages.  (Only had the point and shoot for the pics, so they aren't great! : ( )


Shari, Kelli, me, and Somer
 After our massages we grabbed a quick $5 pizza at Little Ceasar's, got hit on by the Jimmy John's employees, and enjoyed a nice chat, with beautiful nails, over a nice lunch.  Later that evening, the usual suspects (The hubs, me, Ryan, Somer, Jake, Shari, Kelli, and Josh) all got babysitters and started our night off at the wonderful, and oh so yummy, PF Chang's!  Oooh, now I'm craving lettuce wraps and mongolian beef!

The birthday girl and me at PF Chang's!

Anyway, I digress.  

After our meal we headed off to Somer's parents' pool for an evening of being kids again!  We played a rousing game of basketball against the boys (we lost, bad, and they were only allowed to shoot with their left hands).  We played knockout, had relay races, even had some handstand contests, and did some fun tricks off the diving board.  We can all honestly say we haven't done that in a long time, it was fun to feel like kids for a night, instead of chasing them!  

One of us (she shall remain nameless) had a little trouble holding a handstand! : )


We ended the fun-filled evening with cake and fun, thought-provoking questions (like what did you first notice about your husband when you first met?).  It was a great way to spend an evening.  With best friends and celebrating the 30 years of life of a special friend, named Somer.

Please come back and read tomorrow and learn why Somer is a friend to treasure!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved