Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday!

Time for it works for me Wednesday.  Visit here to see the originator of Works for Me Wednesday and here for who hosts it now and to see all the links to other Works for Me posts.

So 6 months is usually when "they" say you can start a sippy cup for your baby.  If you haven't already learned this yet, much like you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince, you have to try a lot of sippies (is that how you spell that!?) before you'll find the one you like.  And even if one child likes a certain one there are no promises that the next child will like the same one.  So I thought I'd do a post about sippys (is that better??) that I've tried and what I've learned!  Here goes:

So here is my abundance of sippy cups.  I have multiplies obviously but here is each individual one.  Since pulling them out I've decided to do a little spring cleaning. : )

So first up is Munchkin brand.  *From left to right first we have the lovely Backyardigan sippy (one of Bella's favorite shows).  This sippy has a lid that is suppose to encourage them in the next step of using a regular cup, see how the lid is shaped like a cup but you still have the convienence of a sippy.  I have enjoyed this sippy.  My only complaint is the design has finally begun to chip (but it is one I've also had the longest).  It doesn't leak and the stopper has never fallen out. *Next we have the Dora straw sippy.  I got these sippys because Bella like the straw aspect and Dora of course.  Also due to her speech delay her therapist said she needed to use straws (something to do with her lip placement with a straw has a more developed formation than using a traditional sippy) or a regular cup for drinking.  These have probably been my least favorite.  They leak like crazy, the design is completed chipped, and there are so many cracks and crevaces for milk or juice to get stuck and moldy in. *Lastly this other Dora sippy.  So far I love it!  It doesn't leak, easy to drink from, no design chipping, and stopper stays in.

This is a Nuk sippy.  This one is nice because it is so nice and compact.  This is a beginner sippy because the nipple is very soft and bottle like. Although not often, I have had some leakage if it is left lying down and then pushed on but like I've said its very minimal.
Next I have some Gerber sippys.  I have to say, although some down sides these have probably been my favorite, next to Playtex.  *First the ones to the left and in back.  I used these for Bella to transition out off of bottles.  The nipple is very soft and bottle like, I liked the measurement levels on the side, and it flowed much like a bottle.  Now with Brynn is wasn't so great.  If you have a child that may be a little bit tougher on a sippy DON'T use these.  The stoppers are terrible at staying in!  Brynn would knock it out all the time and end up dumping it all over herself.  *The other Gerber sippys I have loved.  They are nice and small around so small grips can get around them, the one in the front is also curved to encourage tipping for better drinking, and the stoppers stay much better in these.  And I have had no leaking issues with these.

Next we have a modgepodge of sippy cups.  *On the left we have Playtex.  I have to say Playtex sippy cups have always served me well.  This one is insulated which is nice for milk.  Stoppers NEVER come out and they never leak.  *Back right I have the princess cup (I forget who makes it) which so far I like, Bella of course LOVES it and it doesn't have a separate stopper you have to worry about, its built in.  I've had a little bit of leakage if I over fill it but not very much.  *Then the yellow straw one (also don't know who makes it, found it at Walmart) I like.  Its compact, nice to use before they figure out the whole tipping their head back to drink thing, but like the other straw one its hard to keep clean, leaks, and lots of parts.  *Lastly the one in the front was the very first sippy I bought.  It's Advent and those were the bottles I had started with (ended up using Dr. Brown though).  Its nice and small and the nipple is soft like a bottle but I found it hard to suck the liquid out.  So I started giving it to Bella with out the stopper, which "they" recommend until they get the idea of sipping from a sippy anyway, but then not spill proof of course.

So bottom line....  I have found Gerber and Playtex to make the best sippy cups. They both have these small ones too that have softer nipples that I LOVE but didn't take pictures of because the girls keep them in their beds!  Hope this helped a little!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved