Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Pink Bike....

So I'm a blog slacker....  I wanted to do my Not Me Monday post today but housewife duties called!  So though I wasn't blog productive I was very home productive!  Today I cleaned the house, did the bills, completed the laundry, opened a saving account, oh and took care of two precious girlies!  Ahh, it feels completely exhausting satisfying when I have days like this! 

So the other day I had the pleasure and really the honor of experiencing a true full circle learning experience.  Growing up mums and daddio, being missionaries and working in ministry, never had huge funds to pull from.  My wonderful father being the stingy frugal man that he is didn't help either(love you dad!).  During my adolescent years I had received the coolest pink bike.  After a couple years of blissful bike riding I had outgrown it and moved on to the next stage of bikes.  Now it was my younger brother's turn to receive a bike in the stage of bike I had just out grown.  Now instead of going out and looking for a cool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's bike, or whatever it was boys thought was cool back then, my parents spray painted my bike red and presented it to my brother.(I've got some other creative things they did/do to save money but that will have to be another post)

One of the things that drives me crazy I love about the hubs is whenever I say or suggest something we should get or need his usual response is, "I can make that."  Now although my hubs is super creative and talented there are times when I just want to buy it!!  Ya know?!  Now a little bit back our wonderful neighbors had given Bella an extra trike they had lying around.  And although it was blue and covered in crazy boy stickers Bella loved riding it.  Well the other day the hubs asked Bella how should would feel if we painted the bike pink.  Now if you know Bella, you know that this idea tickled her PINK (pun intended!)!!  The girl is obsessed with LOVES pink!  So Bella and her daddy spent the afternoon and evening taking the old bike apart, picking out just the right color pink and princess stickers, and starting to put it together.  After she went to bed that night the hubs put the finishing touches on the bike and then had it on the table for when she woke up the next day.  

Now although I complain about his "I can make it" response or hated that I didn't have the fancy things that others around me had growing up (or now for that matter) I learned so much from this experience.  Every time Bella wakes up, from nap or for the day, this last week since her daddy made her bike her first words are, "Can I ride my bike?" (its currently in our family room since the frozen tundra here can't seem to thaw out)

Who needs a fancy new bike when all you need is a fresh, girly, coat of paint?!  

Here are pictures from that fun day!







No she's not crying- we told her to close her eyes. : )









1 comment:

Missy said...

She even looks like Maggie!!

Email me back, let's talk speech delays.

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved