Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Trip Day Three, Part Two....

So on to the rest of our Sunday in Minnesota.  So after playing at the park we headed home to get changed for the Haglund (my mom's mom's side of the family) Family Reunion-the reason for our trip.  We drove about 30 minutes away and arrived at one of my mom's cousin's home.  My mom's oldest brother, Mark (her other older brother and his family of 5 kiddos couldn't make it) made the trip from Texas.  It was so great to see him, especially since we haven't seen him since our wedding and he had never met the girls!
Here Uncle Mark is sharing with us pictures of his girlfriend and trips that they have taken.

So after some chatting and yummy food it was time to get some pictures of the whole clan and then individual families.

I had to grab a quick pic of this, this was the paparazzi that was taking pictures of all the individual families! : )
Here's the whole clan!
Here's our side!  Sadly, the girls were napping, my grandparents have passed away, and Uncle Chris and his family of 7 were not there.  On another note, boy, does my Uncle Mark look like my grandpa!
Here are the 3 remaining children of the 8 original children that began the Haglund family, well sort of. : )  Uncle Jim, Aunt Peg, and Uncle Dick.  You can definitely tell they're related!  My grandma looked just like them! : )
Here are their spouses and Aunt Rosali, who is Uncle Warren's wife but he passes away 2 years ago.  Aunt Rosali was telling me fascinating stories about Uncle Warren, including one about how he was apart of the attack on D day.  While in a trench he was shot in the head, but luckily his helmet saved his life.  Unfortunately his best friend next to him was killed.  Aunt Rosali said Uncle Warren had nightmares for the first 10 years of their marriage.  I appreciated so much that she shared those stories with me.  Also Aunt Rosali, apparently, saves everything and gave my mom such a precious gift.  All the years, you know before email, while my mom and her brothers were growing up my grandma had written Aunt Rosali many letters.  Well Aunt R saved them all and gave them to my mom, isn't that priceless!?  Finally the girls woke up and Brynn woke up MAD.  Not sure why, maybe waking up in yet another new place.  So we didn't stick around much longer after she woke up.

Where we were was only about 30 minutes from the Hub's mom's side of the family, so we decided we were just too close to not stop by.  So we hopped in the car and made the quick trip.  The highlight of the visit for the girls was their cat, Abigail.
 We visited shortly and got to see Uncle Ted and Aunt Millie. 


And the Hub's cousins Rich and Rosie.
Nope not done yet, you hangin in there?  So after our quick visit we made the 20 minute drive back to my granparents' city and had McDonald's for dinner at Bella's request.  Papa Bear was happy to treat!  My dad captured this sweet picture of Brynnie and her Mormor while we were there!
Phew.  Can you believe I'm not even done yet?!  I think I'll give y'all a break and finish up the details of our trip on Thurday!  Thanks for hanging in there with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved