Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Definitely NOT Wordless Wednesday

First some business:  I will mention this one last time on my blog and that is it.  I feel very hurt by what has transpired with April Rose's blog.  Although, I guess there could still be this family out there that just wants their privacy back, is does appear that we were mislead.  Lets not further the gossip Satan wishes to continue by dwelling on what we can not control.  But do pray for B and those feeling mislead for they are all hurting (including my mom who graciously sent her some of her bows for free) in some way.  Kelly had this to say and I wanted to share it too, "  this person wrote under the context of a caring Christian - taking prayer requests and giving spiritual advice. I worry about those of you who don't have a firm foundation in the faith who may be disillusioned now.
There are two things I know - God is real. And so is Satan. And the Bible says Satan is roaming to and fro around the earth looking for whom he may devour. So many blogs (hopefully including mine) are such a ministry. I pray every single day that God uses me as a light for Him. I'm not perfect - in fact I'm so far from it sometimes I wonder how Jesus can love me much less forgive me MUCH LESS have died for me. I'm just someone who wants to be His hands and feet to others. And the Devil wants this stopped. But what Satan meant for evil, God meant for good. If you prayed for them or sent that blog a prayer request or sent money or gifts - God knows your heart and just because that person isn't perfect and may have let you down - GOD NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL."
So that is all.
* Second piece of business. Don't forget to get in on my very first contest with prizes in my previous post!!!  Contest ends today at Noon central time!

K, on to my post!  So today is a very special day, too special to leave wordless.  The hubs and I are celebrating our 9 year anniversary!!  So I thought in honor of that I would tell you a little about us and how we became to be, well, us! : )  Now this will be a hefty post, because as I've mentioned before Vince and I are obsessed with taking pictures and this did not start with kids.  I have a picture of us with our very first Blockbuster (remember that store?) card together!

So how did this cheerleader and soccer stud meet?



The hubs was a second year senior, just finishing up an extra soccer season due to injury (thank goodness or we never would have met!) when I came in for my first year of college.  On October 3rd I was leaving our school's traditional powder puff game (just a bystander not a participant) with my friend Lisa when she saw some guys that she knew that had volunteered at her high school.  A couple of them were from the soccer team, which every one knew, all the hottest guys came from. : )  Right away I noticed a particularly hot, blonde standing next to a sweet red car.  He tried his best to show off his car and all I could think about was what a stud he was! : )  Well apparently I had caught his attention too.  Unfortunately he started calling my friend Lisa, not me.  He would constantly make plans with her and encourage her to bring her friends, aka me.  After several "bring your friends" plans he finally made a call to me!  
\

(My very organized roommate would kindly leave me these "while you were out notes" (says to Katie because I tried to go by my middle name in college, didn't last) and I saved the one where the hubs finally called me!  The top note is the game where we first met and the bottom is my sweet Lisa that brought us together!  Oh my and yes thats how I used to scrapbook, hey this was before all the cool stuff they have now!)

Our first date was to Meet Joe Black.  I loved how he grabbed my hand and held it during the movie, sat with me awkwardly during the love scene, and still called me after I went in thinking he was going to kiss me and he ended up hugging me.

(this pic was from my parents house as we celebrated my 19th bday, I've always loved this pic)

So fast forward (I know you don't care that much have all day to read my blog) promise ring after a month, ring shopping by March, and engaged by June 28th.  He had told my parents he wouldn't be proposing till at least November (one year of dating) but being 19, having no engagement ring, and trying to plan a wedding was getting some looks I wanted to do without.  So the Ps were quite surprised! 

So fast forward again.  June 10, 2000.  The big day.  Despite HATING my hair and having a horrible photographer it was a wonderful day.  After all, both venues were beautiful, the day was spent with family and friends, and I was marrying the love of my life! 


Can you believe this picture, in front of a bookcase, really!?  I loved my dress, could have done with out the gloves (hey I was the first to marry no one to learn from), it had beautiful lace around around my waist and hem line.
Our wonderful dads took turns leading our wedding and happily pronounced us husband and wife!

Took off in the hub's hot, red, convertible!  And no that is not a beehive on my head, just a horrible hairdo!
Thanks to gracious in-laws and, well frankly, credit card debt I think we're still paying off(j/k) we got to spend a wonderful honeymoon in Hawaii!

Side note:  why do my pictures look so ancient?  I swear we're not that old, right?    

So hubs for our anniversary I just wanted to tell you, some, of the reasons I love you:
I love how over protective you are.
I love that you've blessed me with two beautiful girls.
I love what awesome, authoritative but gentle, fun, adventurous (and many more) daddy you are.
I love, although I know you'd like to have a son some day, what a great daddy to girls you are.
I love that you're a better cleaner, and cook for that matter, than I am.
I love that you keep my car clean.
I love that you put toothpaste on my toothbrush every morning.
I love that, although I have a knack for spoiling it, you constantly love to surprise me.
I love that you hide your laundry if I have just done laundry, to give me a few laundry few days.
I love that you strive to be a spiritual leader for our family.
I love that you provide generously for our family, with, often little to enjoy for yourself.
I love that you kill all the bugs around our house when needed.
I love how you take care of us.
I love how good you are at remembering to say I love you.
I love that you'll always give me a massage, with feet included.
I love that you offer to give me a pedicures.
I love, even though it drives me crazy, that whenever I want something you always tell me, "I can make that."
I love that you let me blog for endless hours a week with out a peep much complaint.
I love that you'll watch the Disney channel with me, and really most of my shows with me.
I'm sure I'll think of many more but....
I.Love.You.
Happy 9th Anniversary Doebally!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Stumbled upon your blog....my hubs and I got married exactly one week before you....June 3, 2000. Hoping for a fun trip next year for the big 10! Happy anniversary!

Vincent said...

Happy Anniversary BABY.
I LOVE YOU LOTS!!!

Unknown said...

You're welcome! We're hoping to go back to where we honeymooned--Martha's Vineyard. Probably won't be on our actual anniversary, though, because my daughter will be in school (starts K in the fall). The kids will go stay with their grandparents later in June...if all goes according to plan!

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved