Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Introducing Stephanie Ann McMahon

What a fun night we had!!  

Let me rewind a bit...  The McMahon family are one of our best friends and Kelli is very, very pregnant.  Her due date is June 24th.  She went well past her due date with her first baby and had to be induced.  So Saturday the McMahons went in to the doctor because Kelli was having some significant pain and thought she might be leaking.  After being checked she was told she was showing no signs of progess, so home they came.  Sunday came and went, with pain off and on again but nothing major.  Then Monday morning at 3:30 Kelli started to feel things more regularly but not too intense and 15 to 20 minutes apart.  After about 4 hours though it seemed to go away.  Only having pains here and there like the days prior.  Then again around 6 pm last night they became more regular but again pretty far apart.  Some of us ladies have a book club together every other Monday night at Kelli's place.  Well this Monday was one of our on nights.  Kelli called and told me the situation and asked if I thought we should still meet.  Now Miss Kelli had a goal of attempting to have this sweet baby oh naturale so I've always heard the advice that its better to labor as much as you can in the comfort of your home.  So I suggested we still meet in the hopes we could provide a bit of distraction for her.  So Somer, Jessie, and I headed on over.  Although we did discuss our book a bit, most of the evening was spent telling our own birth and hospital stories.  It was also spent with us girls saying this was probably the real thing and Kelli still doubting. : )  We hung around a bit to see if the regular, but far apart, contractions would decrease in space.  Shortly after 9 pm she began to start only going 3 to 4 minutes apart but was still unconvinced.  She felt they weren't intense enough, she was still able to talk and even smile, this couldn't possibly be it?  She called the doctor to get her opinion and all she could say was they wouldn't really know unless she came in and was checked.  So, even though Kelli was still feeling like she would be returning later that night, off they went.  And off their first born, Mackenzie, went with me!  I left their home a little after 10.  Josh and Kelli left shortly after that, and as I was told later, made it to the hospital by 11 by driving like a crazy husband driving not quite the speed limit.  Paging Dr. Oh, baby is on its way!

Unbelievably, I received a call shortly after 11:30 with a healthy baby girl screaming in the background.  Turns out Kelli made it to the hospital literally with little time to spare.  Luckily they were all ready for her and Dr.Oh (who also delievered Mackenzie) was there to deliver Stephanie Ann.  Can you imagine if she had waited!  Yikes!  Stephanie came out after just 3 rounds of contractions.  And although she said it was the most intense pain ever and screamed through it all, Kelli happily was able to deliver her baby oh naturale, luckily she had no choice in the matter!  : )  We happily took Mackenzie home with us last night and she went right to sleep when we got home, she was very excited to be sleeping in her friend, Bella's, bed.  This morning at 3 kiddos woke at 7:30, its like they knew!  After breakfast with a table full, we began to prepare to go to the hospital.  Now normally days I have to be out somewhere I plan it to be one of my not hair washing days in order to be prompt, now since this was an unexpected outing I was not able to prepare ahead.  Now getting four people ready this morning (3 kiddos and myself) by myself was quite the feat!!  But we did it, and just before 11 (when visiting hours begin) we reached the hospital!  The hubs and I were able to capture some precious pictures of the new arrival and I would like to share them with you.  There's lots so hang in there! : )

Guess who's a big sister!?
Introducing Stephanie Ann McMahon- 7 lbs. 11 oz. 20 1/2 inches born at 11:26pm on June 15th 2009

Look at all her hair!


Here we are! Bella and Mackenzie on our way to meet baby Stephanie!



Bella ran to congrat the new daddy!




This is really not good for my baby itch! : )

The new mommy and her girls





Proud uncle!

Daddy and his girls




I think Mackenzie is in love already!

I think Mackenzie was telling the girls all about her new sister and my girls were very excited for her and her mommy and daddy. Congrats guys, she's beautiful!







1 comment:

Christina said...

How exciting. Congrats to your friends!!

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved