Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our Trip-Day One Day Two...

Our trip to Minnesota.  Day 1. : )  Well actually Day 2.  First the technical, Day one, we arrived by dinner time Friday evening, had dinner, got the kiddos to bed early after sleeping maybe 30 minutes during our car ride up, and then the hubs and I made a quick, late night trip to the local mall so he could get the new iphone he's been dying to get.  The plus for me?  I got his old one, yea!  I didn't take any pictures during our drive up or that evening, sorry.  Oh no wait!  I lied.  Our one piece of excitement on the drive up was we got a chance to see the Wiener Mobile.  I know thrilling, huh?! I just had my point and shoot and we had such beautiful crummy weather for our road trip, so its not the greatest pic.  This was taken looking into my side-view mirror, creative huh? : )


So on to day 2.  Saturday morning.  The girls got us up at an ungodly hour crack of dawn (6:15) since they were in a room together and Brynn tends to not sleep well when she doesn't get a good nap.  So after an early start we decided we needed to hit a pool somewhere.  Luckily my aunt had a membership to a really nice club with an outdoor pool with fun slides, and was able to get us all in free.  Unfortunately they would not let Bella do the slides but the girls had fun splashing around with their mormor, poppi, and Auntie Lina (again they were taken with my point and shoot (for some reason the Hubs didn't want his nice camera at the pool) and a lot of them came out blurry : ( )!

My happy little waterbug!
Bella playing with her poppi and Great Auntie Lina.

Who knew a life jacket could be so much fun (trying not to think of what she's getting in her mouth!)?



Two very tired girlies!
After a nice, long swim we headed home for much needed naps.  In an effort to get a good nap in we were trying to keep Brynnie up until we got home (and they hadn't had lunch yet), but after being up so early and an exhausting swim there was no hope.  At one point the Hubs was hitting her in the face with her blankie and she wasn't even flinching.  Once we got home, I even changed her diaper without waking her.  She was one tired little girl.  And there was my sleep angel 3 year old begging to go to sleep for her nap (we were insisting she get lunch in first)!   While the girls napped my mom and I headed out to see The Proposal.  It was very cute.  I'm not sure what the actor's name in that is but I think he is HILARIOUS and seriously underrated.  I'm predicting here that he will be big one day!  You heard it here first folks.  Some day I'll tell you my story how I discovered Jewel and Josh Groban.  Anyway, I digress.  So after the movie we headed home to get dinner going. We ate as a family, enjoyed watching the girls during bath time, put the girls to bed, and enjoyed a documentary on U.S presidents with Papa Bear!  

Tomorrow I shall share our crazy fun, family-packed Day 3!  


1 comment:

Together We Save said...

Wow - great pictures. Love the water park. Thanks for following.

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved