Monday, February 27, 2012

A Love of Reading....

As a former teacher I have always hoped my girls would love reading.
I was so thankful that the big girls took to reading right away.
Bella just loves her new ability of reading on her own and she gets better and better each day.
Her favorites right now that she can read are Biscuit books.
Even more than Bella, Brynn has ALWAYS loved reading.  She can sit and look at books for hours.  I remember in the hours that Bella would be at preschool I would OFTEN find her in her, or her sister's, bed just looking through books.
She has picked up books' patterns way sooner than her sister.  She can often be found guessing at a word in a book a smidge sooner than her big sister.  I'm sure reading on her own is not too far in the future.
Now Miss Brooklyn has had me worried.  
She NEVER lets me read to her!!  Since she was an infant I've tried reading with her whenever I can and she rips the book right out of my hand and turns the pages so I can't read.
I was so worried she'd never let us read to her.
The funny thing is she LOVES books.
She is constantly taking them out, looking through them, handing them to us.
But she would never let us read them.
So about 2-3 weeks ago I notice her actually sitting a little longer, while I quickly got a couple of pages read.
And then the hubs told me he read a WHOLE book to her one night and even snuggled for a bit (another miracle in its self).
Can't tell you how happy it makes my heart to have them enjoy reading.
Hoping and praying it lasts a life time! :)


 So fun that she has also become such a snuggler lately.  Look at that face, just screams trouble. :)  
But she sure is adorable!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved