Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Friends...

They are really the only thing keeping us from living by our families. We have been so blessed with the most amazing friends. The kind of friends that read your blog, fetch all clothing needed when your first born decides to come a month early, help you when you've locked yourself out of the house for the 7th time, support your parents, love your kids as if they were their own, will drop whatever they are doing to be by your side, celebrate with you, cry with you, bring you a meal just because your busy. Oh I can't say enough. From college friends, playgroup friends, church friends, small group friends, high school friends, neighbors, work friends, and even some new bloggy friends. The hubs and I feel SO blessed to have you in our lives and thank all of you for being "family" to our family.

Why my sudden gratitude? Well one, I don't tell them enough and I want you all to know how much I love and appreciate you. And two, Katie and Charlie. Our dear friends. Started out as a work friend (Katie) and a church friend (Charlie) but now are so much more! I told Katie when I first remember meeting her I looked forward to getting to know her and maybe be a witness of God's love to her. But God had different plans for us. I told Katie the other night that she has been that light to me. I have and am learning so much from her and am so thankful to have her along side me doing life together. The hubs and I have the honor of being the ones that brought Katie and Charlie together. We're match makers don't you know!? They have had a whirlwind of a first year of marriage! After not finding each other until later in life (and by later I don't mean that much later-you know late 20's) they got married quickly and discovered they were having a precious little baby as a wedding gift, well a honeymoon gift. Yup. So not only are they newlyweds but they are about to be parents any day! In the midst of their own craziness Katie called me yesterday. She said they were thinking about us and how busy things are for us right now and the loss that we've suffered and they just wanted to bring us dinner. Doesn't that just warm your heart? Here they are about to welcome a baby girl in to this world just about any day now, who, despite my greatest efforts, they won't tell me the name of, and they want to serve us. What friendship. We love you guys and are so thankful to be in a small group with you guys. You two are a great model of husband and wife and how to be a great friend. Thanks guys!

Since I can't post with out pics I thought I'd put up some pics the hubs took for their wedding back in January:
Gotta love the groom's look as the bride enters!





1 comment:

Kelly said...

Good friends are so precious! Definitely a gift from God. The pictures are so amazing! Can't wait to see pictures of their sweet little girl.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved