Friday, October 2, 2009

Update!

So awhile back I introduced you to the Lyman family and their story of adoption. I promised to update so I thought I would take today to do just that. So far the Lymans are busy with home studies and meeting with the birth parents' families and such. Shari got a call this week and although it hasn't stopped completely, the baby's weight is a concern right now. She is about a pound behind where she needs to be. They are going to be checking the birth mom and the baby now twice a week to check for growth. So I was just writing you my friends to be in prayer for their families.

Specific Prayers:
  • Baby's (who by the way is named Kathryn Grace- which means pure grace -precious huh?) weight continues to progress (update: since I wrote this Katie had her latest appointment, there was no weight gain so they're going to check again on Tuesday) Pray my friends!
  • Give the doctor's wisdom to do what's best for baby Katie
  • Pray the rest of the paper work, adoption business, work, etc. goes smoothly and issues are resolved for the Lymans
  • Pray the birth parents and their families are dealing with, can heal, and can healthily move on from the adoption process
  • Pray that the Lymans can enjoy the anticipation of waiting (and soon the birth) for their precious baby Katie to arrive- due October 20th!
Shari got the pleasure of enjoying her very first baby shower. Don't worry friends! We will be throwing a local baby shower once Katie has arrived so we can all celebrate with the Lymans! Here are just a few fun pics I took at their shower in Milwaukee:








1 comment:

Kelly said...

This is such an awesome story! I'll definitely pray that little Katie gains weight! Can't wait to see pictures once she arrives.

Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved