Thursday, September 10, 2009

Encouraging independence and a good self-worth....

So I know how important allowing your child to establish a sense of independence and self-worth is.  Now, one thing that brings joy to me each morning is getting to dress my girlies up like baby dolls. : )  The Lord knew what he was doing sending me two cute girls!  I do try to pick a couple of options and then let Bella choose which outfit so she feels like she has control too.  Well since we were on lock down this week (due to Bella being terribly sick and miserable) I thought I would let Bella experiment and choose anything she wanted to wear.  One day she came to me with one of her VERY fancy church dresses and asked for 3 ponytails.  Another day is was her princess leotard with snow boots and winter cap.  I of course had to share a picture!
Ha!  Doesn't she look like a little model?! : )  Her striking a serious pose is thanks to not feeling good and too painful to smile. : (
I made her choose pants for when we went outside for it was a bit chilly, other than that, it was leotard only.  And I will admit we took a trip to the grocery store sans pants.  And she wanted nothing in her hair this day. "No mommy I tuck my hair."  Meaning she'll tuck it behind her ears.  Unfortunately I never caught her with her hat on!  : (


She has definitely taken to her new found sense of independence.  If we're home she's usually changing into some new get up every 20 minutes or so.  If we're out as soon as we come home the clothes come off and an Bella original is put on!


1 comment:

HeatherOz said...

I like her style! Hope she is feeling better!!

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Archives

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved