Thursday, June 21, 2012

Our Little Water Bug....

21 months old and she is already swimming and kicking around the pool like a pro.  
She wants no help from us!  Crazy!
 She kicks and kicks like she has been doing it for ages. 
 Every now and then her face will dip too much and she'll take some water in but she does surprisingly well!

Of course didn't get my phone out but tonight she was sliding down the slide, holding my hand, but dropped in and went completely under at the bottom.  Also she was jumping in from the sides of the pool.  When ever we count she will only say two, so she kept coming to the side of the pool saying "two, two, two." :)


All 3 of our girls LOVE the water and willingly jump from diving boards, go under, go down slides, etc.
Bella learned early last summer to swim without floaties and by the end of summer Brynn was going short distances w/o her floaties.
We dunked all 3 of our kiddos as infants.  I know it doesn't work for everyone but I believe it really helped in their fearlessness when it comes to water. 
(Tip: The girls were only 3 or 4 months old when we did each of them, right before you submerge them blow in their face, this causes them to close their eyes and usually take a breath in and close their mouthes)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved