Thursday, December 22, 2011

O' Christmas Tree.....

So with dad in town we decided we definitely wanted to get our Christmas tree while he was here!
Before I married the Hubs I would have told you I would never be caught dead with a fake tree.  We always did a real tree growing up.  And going on the hunt for the tree was almost as fun as actually buying the tree.  My dad would chase my brothers and I all around and we find the best hiding spots throughout all the trees.  I cherish those memories.  

Anyway, when I married the Hub's he already owned a 7ft. fake Christmas tree that was in good shape and we were never really in the financial position to go out and spend money on a real tree when we already had a perfectly good fake one.  We'd just rather spend our money on gifts then a tree.  Well last year we decided our tree had seen its last Christmas and free-cycled it.  I couldn't WAIT for this year to go pick out a real tree!!

We had intended to go to a near by tree farm and cut our own down but on our way out the door I just thought I'd check to see what time they were open till and they were all closing at 4 and it was 3:50. :(  So we decided having Poppi with us was more important than cutting our own tree down, so we headed to Home Depot. :)

We found a perfect tree pretty quickly! 




And then the fun of decorating commenced! 











Growing up, every year, after decorating our tree we'd lay under it and look up through it and enjoy the ornaments and lights, so fun to see my hubby and girls do it. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved