Monday, July 29, 2013

She's Here!!

I'd like to introduce to you...

Blakely Kadence Domier
Born June 25th 2013 at 12:37pm
6 pounds 8 ounces and 18 inches

But let me back track a little bit.  Two posts ago I mentioned how busy we had been, trying to get in all the last minute fun before our newest addition came and we had to be home bound for a bit.  But before I knew it Tuesday morning (June 25th) had arrived.  I slept ok that night.  It took me forever to fall asleep of course but once I did I slept pretty good until about 7:30.  I woke to the hubs looking at his phone.  I asked what he was doing and he said looking at baby names.  You have no idea how much this tickled me.  In all of our pregnancies baby naming has always excited me WAY more then him.  It was pretty much like pulling teeth to get him to discuss baby names with me.  Brooklyn Blythe's name ended up being confirmed the morning of her birth.  We've had Blakely decided for awhile but we had been on the fence for a middle name.

My front runners were Victoria (female version of the hubs' name Vincent), Morgan (family name on my dad's side) and Vienna (which is where I was born).  Brooklyn's middle name is Blythe and it's only because we couldn't decide on her first name and the hub's really loved Blythe so we made it her middle name.  I've always been a little sad that it has no family significance like her big sisters.  We had also intended to do K for the middle name so their initials would be the same.  But like I said she was named on the way to the hospital and we had to compromise! :)  

So that morning after discussing the names he found we finally narrowed it down to 3 names.  Victoria (like I mentioned), Harper (which had no significance but he had mentioned it and I just loved how it sounded with Blakely) and lastly Kadence (which he did find with a K not a C).  So we spent the whole morning saying all 3 out loud and writing them down just to see which we liked the feel of more.  Even after she was born they had to hound us for the birth certificate information because we were still on the fence.  Finally we had narrowed it down to Harper and Kadence.  The hub's really loved Kadence, it had the K we wanted, and it means pattern or rhythm which he thought she carried on by being a girl. :)  She also was born with super long fingers so maybe she'll be musical. :)  And when we looked up that Harper just meant a harp player we decided to go with the one with more meaning.  So she wasn't officially named until she was about 6 or 7 hours old.

I still really love Blakely Harper and actually just asked him again if he was sure about Kadence before I typed this post. ;)  I do love Blakely Kadence too and it fits her just perfectly!

So that is the history behind her name.
Tomorrow her birth story!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved