Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Best and The Worst....

I've have had one of the best, and worst weekends of my life.

This will be brief but I wanted to put some thoughts down and just let you know that, yes, I am still alive.

A week or two ago we decided to head up to Minnesota to visit my grandparents, while my dad was in town helping out with them. So Friday morning we made our way up north. And this morning my grandmother passed away.

Obviously there is SO much more that needs to be filled in, and I will in time when I can, but for now I just covet your prayers. I loved all my grandparents dearly but was especially close to my dad's parents since they lived close by most of our growing up years.

We knew it was only a matter of time because grandma's health had been failing but I think what's killing me the most is seeing how broken hearted my grandpa is.

But let me tell you why it was the best. What an awesome, awesome blessing that we happened to be here this weekend and that grandma spent her last remaining days surrounded by some family and being entertained by her precious great-grand daughters.

Oh, God is just so...... what? I don't know how to express it but he couldn't have orchestrated this weekend better.

Timing not great, with the funeral happening on the weekend I was going to be having a surprise 30th birthday celebration planned by my wonderful hubby, but grandma needed to go. It was her time. Now she's healthy, happy, and in the arms of Jesus Christ. And her great-grand daughters got to hug her, play with her , and see her smiling and admiring them while they acted like hooligans all around her. : )

The girls and I have decided to stay the week to keep Papa Bear company. Please keep him in your prayers.



*Thanks so much for the calls, tweets, emails, and facebook messages. I probably won't answer at this time since its a little fresh and hard to talk about, but I appreciate and am thankful for each and everyone!*


2 comments:

Allie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Grandma's are so hard to lose. But I am so happy she is with the Lord, and healthy now. I will be praying for you and your family.

Kelly said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how very hard it is to lose grandparents! I'll be praying for you and your family and especially your grandpa during this time. Take care. Miss you!
Love,
Kelly

Post a Comment

Check these out!

Check these out!
Just click on the pictures:

I'm Tweeting!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Kelly Medina

    Follow Me!

    Natalie's sentiments
    Jenna’s Journey Blog

    About Me

    My photo
    I used to be an elementary teacher but am now a stay-at-home mommy with three sweet baby girls. Bella is 6, Brynn is 4, and Brooklyn is 1. We also have a sweet Golden Retriever named Beckham. I have been married to the love of my life, Vincent, for almost 12 years. Although I hate the cold I am a Chicago girl through and through. And thats about all I've got!

    Certain topic.....?

     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved